Want to delete all your photos from your iPhone or iPad? This article will tell you exactly how!
How to delete all photos from your iPhone or iPad
If you want to delete all the photos on your iPhone or iPad, there are a few ways to do it.
The first way is to go to the Photos app and select any photo. Then press and hold on the photo until it starts shaking. When the “Erase” button pops up, tap it.
The second way is to go to Settings and scroll down until you see Photos & Camera. Tap it and then tap the photo icon at the top. From here, you can choose to erase individual photos, albums, or videos.
The third way is to open the Photos app and press and hold on any photo until it starts shaking. Then release it and press Delete on the main screen.
Delete Photos from the Camera Roll
If you’ve ever deleted a photo from your camera roll on an iPhone or iPad, you know it’s not as easy as hitting the trash can. The Photos app still keeps a few copies of every deleted photo, even if you delete them from the Camera Roll. If you want to get rid of all the photos on your device for good, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app and tap on the Camera Roll button in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on each photo one by one until they all disappear from the screen.
- Swipe left to delete all photos that are currently off screen.
- Swipe right to confirm your deletion and return to the main Photos screen.
Deleting Photos from the Photo Library
iOS devices come with a photo library that stores all the photos you’ve taken with the device. You can access and delete photos from your photo library in several ways:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the albums tab. Then, select the album you want to view or delete photos from.
- If you have multiple albums open, you can swipe left or right to browse through them. To delete a photo, just tap on it and then press the Delete button.
- If you have a photo selected, you can also drag it off of its current location to the trashcan icon at the bottom of the screen. Once it’s in the trashcan, press Delete to delete it.
Deleting Photos from iTunes
If you want to delete all the photos from your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your device.
- Tap on the album name at the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe left to see all of your photos.
- Tap and hold on any photo, then select Delete from the menu that pops up.
Deleting Photos from Dropbox
If you want to delete all photos from your Dropbox account, follow these steps:
- Open Dropbox on your computer.
- In the left-hand column, select Photos.
- In the right-hand column, select the photo(s) that you want to delete.
- Click the arrow next to Delete this Photo.
- Confirm that you want to delete the photo(s).
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box.